Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Zines & Things

I have been wanting to make zines forever, and thanks to my friend Pilar I can.  Late last week I posted the first issue of the Pig N Pancake.  Yesterday I finished up the second issue, which is double the fun and double the adorable.  The first zine wasn't quite as cohesive as the second one turned out.  I am quite pleased with the way the zines are coming out.

Soon I will be sending out 10 copies of issue 1 and 2 to Drift Station Gallery in Lincoln, NE.  Great stuff.  That will be the 11th state that I've shown in.  I am very excited for that as well.  Oddly, I feel like these zines are closer to the integrity that I wish to transcend as an artist than most of my 3 dimensional and illustration work.

Be looking for more soon.

 This is true of all of you.  Thanks for being so cool and reading on a regular basis.  Meanwhile the next image is certainly true of me on a personal level all of the time. 


I posted a couple of these to my Etsy page.  I'm not charging very much.  It'll run you 2 bucks for a zine and postage, basically just enough to cover my cost.  I'd really like as many people as possible to get this stuff as it is really like having a real piece of me.

Hope you folks are all doing well.
Peace
-Mike

No comments: