Saturday, January 14, 2012

Cheap But Handmade Valentines

This is the first year in a while that I do not actually have to worry about purchasing anything for Valentines day.  Usually by about now I am already making my order for roses by now, just so that I don't have to worry about it when it gets near time.  As I said though, I don't have to worry about it this year.  It feels weird though.  I had to spread some love.  So here is what I came up with.  I am making small 4 by 6 inch pieces with archival clear plastic envelopes.  The front is adorned with a Valentine related image and the back is formatted with the Valentine to and from and a small drawing and signature in the corner to mark the piece as authentic.  Here is where the giving part comes though.  I am charging regular card price, five dollars, for each of these. 

This is a little cheaper than I usually charge for a 4 by 6 drawing, but I thought I would give to you instead of to a significant other this year.  Check them out and see what you think!




 I'm not putting these on Etsy or anything.  It's not that I don't like Etsy, but I'm doing this for people that have been customers in the past, people that follow the blog, and friends on Facebook.  I appreciate that you people pay attention to what I do.  It makes a big difference to be making something for other people verses just sitting in an empty room trying to make things to amuse myself.  So thank you.  Drop me an email or a comment if you would like a valentine, and if you would like something in particular in the way of subject matter, I am totally into that too.  Just let me know.

Peace
-Mike


No comments: