Friday, March 6, 2009

"The Feeder" is done.

Yesterday I stayed in the studio all day. I left for a couple minutes to check the mail at about three, and went to Bullwinkle's at around ten, and the rest of the day I was in the studio painting until my little fingers were popping.

This was incredibly productive. Yesterday I finished "The Feeder" which I had anticipated would be one of the last two pieces that I finished for the Blue Bottle show. I also pulled three more pieces into the almost finished category and completely redesigned a piece from an earlier show that I just wasn't pleased with to fit in nicely with this show. A good days work really.

Here are the spoils:

I am in love with this piece. I feel about it the same way that Stephen Carpenter of the Deftones felt when he was asked about "Around the Fur" after it came out. I've been listening to our album on repeat. Sometimes I make something and I have a hard time believing that I made it afterwords.

Anyway to the second piece for the day. The complete redesign:

I shaped the bird out a little more in this piece, took out his perch, added a robot, and am working on the waves to try to get them a bit more interesting and perilous. I've been flipping the Juxtapoz featuring the work of Corey Arnold and can't get over the massive waves in his photos off of Alaska. At its best I would like this piece to have a little bit of that gusto.

I'll be back later. There is a ton going on. If you're on Facebook, be sure to go fan "Lewis Acrylics" Thanks.

Peace
-Mike

No comments: