Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Mighty Lark Rides Again.

Hey folks just posting a quick under painting that I worked up today. I went to the coffee shop and met up with Ivy today, so while I was there I worked up a quick sketch off of an old piece that I saw in one of my sketchbooks this morning. It is simple but I was thinking that maybe a couple simpler pieces for the show might be just what the doctor ordered.

Now given the figure and the background are both blue in this piece. With a little scumbling that is most likely going to change. Let me know what you think here!

I am really pleased to be using the Mighty Lark here again. I'm also very into his posture in this piece.

I was sent an email yesterday letting me know that there is a page for the upcoming "Memoirs of the Digesting Duck" show with Justin Hillgrove on the Blue Bottle site. Check it out. It's always nice to see your work up on someone else's website.

Gotta jammy for work. Peace.

1 comment:

Mr. Bee said...

The Mighty Lark looks great but I agree that you need more contrast between the bottom figure and the background. I recently ran into some of your work at the Lunar Boy. I love you subject matter. Keep up the good work.