Friday, January 16, 2009

"The Mighty Lark Passively Strikes" or "The Seattle Stylee"

For those of you who don't know the Seattle style. It is passive aggressive. That is merely a little internal joke for myself and not a pot shot at Washington's biggest city.

I was working out the Mighty Lark piece that I layed down last night, and decided that it really needed to be more colorful and painterly than I have been working. The Mighty Lark is clearly an ambiguous character, perhaps the paint application should be the same.

Either way, here is yesterday's piece in its entirety. Let me know what you think.

I am kind of in love with the shock in this robots eyes. It looks as if maybe he just had an accident, but it's probably the bird on his head.

In other news, yesterday I finally set up an Etsy site to sell some of my work. You can check out my shop here. I have a modest four pieces up, but it's a start. Stop in and grab a painting. I'll soon have some prints up as well.

Take it easy folks.

No comments: