Saturday, January 31, 2009

A Couple Sketches I Worked up at the Coffee Shop

Today I drove to the coffee shop in Sandwich, NH and sat down with a coffee thinking about Travis Millard's work. I started to work robot arms in a similar pattern to some of his shapes and thought that they looked pretty cool. I was thinking it might do me well to have a couple simple pieces like this in my show to balance out some of the detail in the other work that I am hanging.

I've also been thinking that it might be cool to take these shapes and make them into a tree that a bird is perched in or has a nest in. What do you think?

I also started work on a new birdhouse piece. I need to come up with several for the small wall feature at the Hive Gallery. I am trying to make the bird drawings a bit more scientific, so that every bird can look the same. This is more so that I can pay attention to the different species of bird.

I want the bird house to become a house with multiple perches, birds and nests. I am trying to focus more on group shots now, as opposed to single character shots. I will keep everyone updated on the status of this piece as well.

Thanks for stopping in. Peace.

-Mike

No comments: