Saturday, November 1, 2008

Coming back strong with the Line!

First I'm going to start off today with a little interior decorating lesson. Or not. This is a wall out of my studio that i thought you might like to see though. That would be a mass of finger puppets ready to swarm a robot painting by Beth Page....


Moving on....

I started to draw a piece out about two months ago when I couldn't sleep because I was holed up doing web design and I hadn't seen the sun in a week except for that light that was diffused by the windows of a pizza shop and through the windows of my brother-in-law's back porch. At the time I started to throw some paint down and couldn't do any more and went to sleep. The next day I woke up and thought that it completely sucked but was a good idea. The drawing just wasn't there.

So then the studio make-over. I know I keep harping on this but if Beth hadn't have moved my studio around and into the kitchen I think I would still be sitting around wondering why I didn't feel creative.

Anyway, I picked up the bird and tree drawing again the other day after having looked at some Egon Schiele, and I started to draw the tree out like it was more important than the bird in the cage, and it started to work. Then today I started to bang it out and now it is, at least for now, done. (It may need a little more, but I'm going to sit with it and see)

Here it is. Let me know what you think....

Just as a note though, this is from a digital camera. I wasn't feeling the scanner tonight, so the color isn't as dead on as it would be, but you get the idea....

I also started the big bird house and telephone piece that has been sitting on my easel for weeks the other day. This is going to be awesome when it is done, and I think I am going to enter it into a juried show and win like a billion bucks and a solo show in California. We'll see. There are only about one million other artists in the states doing work in a similar vein to mine...Not that I don't think I'm as good because I am, but any given day......



Well until next time....
I swear my cat didn't roll in ultramarine blue tonight!!

1 comment: