Sunday, November 30, 2008

Rising from the Ashes....

And so today, I did something that I haven't done in a long while, and to an extent that I have never done. I sent a real written proposal to a gallery, with a specific show planned out. I have certainly submitted to galleries before, but almost never with a certain show in mind, and absolutely never with the show planned out prior to submitting.

I usually roll too open ended for that. But today, I was specific (thanks for the help Ivy), and I am quite pleased with that.

Check out the sketches for my idea:

The proposal was for a gallery on main street in Portland, Me. This is roughly what their front window would look like if they let my crazy brain take it over. The close up will let you see a little more clearly what we're getting at here.

The finished piece will be a news story, broken up over several tv frames that show a massive wave about to obliterate a dome. It could be the Superdome in NOLA or maybe not. You decide. Either way, this is one of the most in your face ideas I have had in a while, and I am incredibly pleased.

Now I'm going to go have another cup of coffee.
Peace.

No comments: