Monday, July 16, 2007

Does anyone want to write me an artist's statement?!

So I spent the night working on an artist's statement that should have technically been done approximately a year and a half ago, but this is generally the speed that I end up working. In other news camping proved fruitless this weekend, and I didn't get to go fishing either, but I did a couple cool sketches down.....

I've already started a painting of this one. It's going pretty well, though I don't think I am going to include the text in the painting.

This second one is actually two separate journal entries. They are both supposed to be visual poems in their own right, though I am more pleased with the completion of the first. It's simple like a haiku. (and that was a joke!)

and one more picture today......

This is beth looking good on the Astoria trip last weekend. That bluff was super cool too. Beth is standing about four hundred feet above a little cave that went into the rock ledge that was filled with water. You know that's going to be incorporated into a piece later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks