Thursday, February 19, 2009

While Reminiscing on the Carousel

The other night when I was suffering from my incredible insomnia, I felt a kind of change come over me. I remembered something, and I guess I've been hinting at it and suggesting it for months now, but I finally realized again, how fun it actually is to be a painter. I love paint and watching it pile up and watching it create shape. I love that. That is what makes me who I am.

This piece really let me get into the paint again and really let me discover some more color. I also played some intense mixing off of straight hue in some spots. I think it actually helps the piece, though after a couple days I may change my mind about that. It is not the most detailed piece I've done, but I think it is successful as is.

Here goes the finish:

The Getaway. If you listen to Ten Foot Pole while looking at this piece, I think it might make it even more intense. Let me know what you think. Peace.

-Mike

No comments: