Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Like Sky Rockets in Flight.....

Today I was looking at a piece that I had drawn out and trying to think of a way to make it work, get it a little more busy, add something interesting to it. So I was drawing on this board for a while, and nothing was coming out right, except that I changed the robot and I kind of like the new robot. In the end I grabbed my sketchbook and threw together a little sketch that really didn't fit with the proportions of the board that I was working on.

I cut myself a new board and drew out this little guy. This piece is not quite finished and won't be until the chandelier in the kitchen stops raining water, but it is poised for the finish soon.

Let me know what you think on this one. I'm really trying to push the cute envelope a little here so this is a bit of new terrain for me. The bird over the shoulder might be a bit much, but I like the story, so I'm trying to work with it. Oh, and check out the purples and reds. When was the last time you saw that in my palette?

Another piece that I've really gotten into lately, pretty much started from nothing, and now I'm very much into it's clouds and the form of the bird. I think it's going to be very successful.


I'm also really into the point of view on this piece. The clouds are definitely starting to be my selling point on it though. I haven't been able to render clouds like this since "Cloud Cover".

Let me know what you think of the new stuff. I have more to post as well as soon as I get a chance. Maybe I'll even be able to finish off this show in time to frame everything well. Phew!

No comments: