Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Busting Out into the Sky

I've been busting my butt recently. That is no lie, and I have a couple pieces that are in progress still but almost done that I wanted to show. What you're not seeing is the four other pieces that are also in progress that are also almost done. Things are really starting to accumulate and snowball and my show is really rounding out nicely. I think this is going to be the best one yet, which is something we as artists always hope for, but can't always say.

The first is a piece that I reworked the drawing on. The prior composition was too stagnant and I think this is much more successful:

The scarf and helmet were Beth's idea, I'm not ashamed to say, and boy, she's pretty awesome. (By the way, she is going to be in the SILA show at the Nucleus gallery in LA!!!!! *tiny screams of joy while she's not looking*)

The second piece, is probably turning into my favorite. I've started working the birds a bit more, and frankly I've learned that I need to buy a couple new small brushes, because these guys deserve a little more body than what I am capable of doing with my present brush line up.

Let me know what you think, unless of course it's negative darn it!

I'll be posting more images of other pieces before this week is over. Hold on to your hats, I'm busting out into the sky.

peace

No comments: