Monday, February 9, 2009

Thoughts on an Inconvenient Truth

Last night I watched the highly hailed Inconvenient Truth for the first time. It was kind of like when I watched Bowling for Columbine the first time. It was an amazing film, and it did give me information that I did not know, however, the overlying motif of the film was one that seemed kind of obvious to me. Inconvenient Truth = treat the planet well, plant a tree, maybe walk to work instead of driving, don't leave your lights on all night. Bowling for Columbine = Don't raise your kids to be like the fictional Michael Myers, don't kill people, and maybe background checks on guns aren't a horrible thing.

That said, I appreciate what Al Gore has been doing. He's won a lot of respect with me, and perhaps people should spend less time "thinking about terrorism, and more time thinking about saving their planet". I like his take charge attitude and it prompted me to make a drawing also in this cat theme like the other day. Hope you like it:

Hope all is well with you folks, I'll be posting a lot (hopefully) the next couple days. Until then though, be well and go plant a tree or something.

peace

No comments: