Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pink is like red but not quite.

This week has been super rough, emotionally draining, and entirely too eventful. Hopefully the weeks to come don't have nearly as much "excitement" in store for me. But one thing is definitely true, the more stressful the time I am having in my day to day life the more creative I feel and more positive about my artwork....

Which leads me to pink. I've been expanding my palette of late, from the basic palette to adding a couple more colors into the mix. So I started this evening by drawing a machine over top of a bird piece I had started that was not going well at all. It felt good to destroy something that was going poorly again. It seems like it had been so long since I had actually done that. It really needed to be done. Then I started laying out colors and low and behold I had a mostly warm palette, which I have not worked with in about two years.....

So since this is a benchmark I've come to here, I decided to show the in prog again. Please let me know what you think.


It actually reminds me a lot of the original cloud constructor pieces, which I was very fond of, so it doesn't bother me at all if I'm starting to feel that wave come back a little bit. Also, I'm branching out with the constructors a bit anyway. Here we have one of the first erecting mountains....so let me know what you think of the new digs here. I'm pretty amped on it so i think I will be going for some time.

And this one is for Steve. Royal guard you say, Royal guard you get......Probably needs a pole arm though.....
All right enough geekiness, time for bed....Until next time.

No comments: