Monday, February 13, 2012

A Momentous Occasion

It's my 300th post.  Wow.  I didn't even realize that it was going to be until I read next to the new blogpost button tonight.  I'm pretty pleased to have spent this much time putting this blog out there.  I've heard from some really cool people at times and ran into other people who aren't so vocal online but who do read the blog and tell me what they think in person.  Thank you.

Today is Valentines Day, or at least once I drag myself to bed and then get up again it will be.  Though technically it is....  I've put together issue number 3 of the Pig N Pancake to pass out tomorrow as my Valentine.  I'm going to try to give one to everyone that I know.  I don't want to snub folks.  I remember in grade school, before they made the rule that you had to get a Valentine for everyone, not receiving one from a couple people.  It stung a bit.  I'm pretty much a big softie, as you already know, so to be honest, it's taken me a long time to be cool with the day.

I did my Coup de Grace in Valentine form for my old boss's 6 year old today.  I absolutely love it.  It reminds me so much of my childhood.  I suppose I must be nostalgic or something, but I'm going to take now to refuse to say that is a bad thing.  Here's an elephant for your viewing pleasure.

The third issue of Pig N Pancake will also feature a piece on the inside of the book, which is kind of an amalgam of a couple of other drawings.  The content of the rest of it is solely Valentines related, but the center is just some fun whale art.  I dig whales.

Lastly for this evening.  I was digging through an old sketchbook today and happened across this drawing of a squirrel super hero.  It is definitely ridiculous, but I think that is why I kind of like it.  I'm not that big on taking my ideas seriously, even if I am very big on carrying out said ideas as seriously as possible.



I hope you have a good holiday.  Be nice to everyone.  We are all we got.
Peace
-Mike



No comments: