Sunday, February 5, 2012

Last Second Installations

I was asked out for a drink last Wednesday night, which seemed fairly innocuous, however, this did not turn out to be the case at all.  I was asked that evening to fill in floor space for an opening on Friday night.  That worked out to roughly 36 hours to finish up an installation.  I was granted the space in the corner where the stereo had to stay for the yoga classes that this non profit holds.  Cool.

So I worked together another set of robots, a turntable, and a new write up and went to do an installation.  A hip hop show after part was to be held in the space the night of the opening, so I decided that it had to be music related thing.  Here's what I did.



I ended up removing the chest plate of one of the "robots" to install the stereo, which I thought was pretty darn cool and I also included some of the Vertical Pipe Series of drawings, which was pretty excited.  This made me think that I would actually like to do an entire show of the vertical pipes that covers all four walls of a gallery.  I guess it is proposal time.

I also wrote for the second paragraph of my artist statement on this show, one of my favorite lines that I have written about my work.  "The Robots are Jamming" is an altar to the audiophile, a monument to hidden successes within obvious failures, and the very future of rock and roll".  I like it.
Have a good one peeps.

Peace
-Mike

No comments: