Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The show is en route

Sending out a show always feels like jumping off an emotional cliff, like so:


The show is finished. Finally. The different gears for operating in Illustration and Fine Art mode become more and more difficult as I attend this graduate school. It is frustrating though, because I feel like the answers should become more clear, not less clear.

Anywho, here are a couple last minute pieces that I compiled for the show. Hope you like them.

Just a simple little guy here. I needed to develop a companion for Rita. She was lonely and nagging me. Never mess with an overactive Pigeon in need of a man.

This guys just a chill little angular man. I was thinking of Damon Runyon short stories and how Big Julie would look if he were to be a bird. I wouldn't mess with this one. Just saying. He's got 13 arrests and no convictions.

This poor dude is completely confused. He doesn't even know who he is. Surely he is completely into existentialism and Sartre. He can't even figure out whether to talk into a word bubble or into a tree. So strange.

Ahh the trapeze artist. Do you think it would even hurt him if he fell though?

I am in such a strange mood tonight. I think I need to go to bed. It was a very late night getting everything together and then an early morning packing the boxes. Be on the lookout in the near future, I have three commissions that I am working on this next week as well as the Day of the Dead show for Lunar Boy in late October.

Catch you cats later.
Peace
-Mike

No comments: