Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Catching Up...

I am starting to gain a little bit of momentum. Slowly but surely I am digging my way out of this hole that I've created for myself. Sometimes I bite off a bit more than I can chew. I will be the first to admit that.

I've settled up with MECA, though seeing the numbers in front of me definitely made my heart take a flying leap and dropkick my brain, but I've survived that and have moved on to the creation of more work.

Today was the first day of the "Wings of Fury" saga on Mightylark.blogspot.com. I am stoked to be working with the Mighty Lark again, and am progressing much more smartly with the web comic this time. I already have the first 3 pages drawn out, but am posting 1 a week. Just to be certain I don't miss a week, and that there is a little more suspense and room for revision. The show that is going in tandem with the comic has also taken a very positive turn.

I have started working a bit more feverishly while at the easel and the results have left me immensely pleased. Here is the first piece that I cranked out with a bit more energy:

The scan is not great, but you can get the idea from this image at least.

I've also started doing some really small pieces for the show. The majority of these are going to be on paper and framed, Barry McGee style, crowding the corner of a wall. I want to really unload a lot of paintings on the Blue Bottle this fall. I have so much pent up nervousness and energy, it seems better to unleash it on art. Here is the first out of that series:

I am really stoked about this little paper piece. Beth made me draw it several times before the finish. It was flat and awful with a decent concept, now not flat and awful and I am very pleased with it.

Lastly, I finished my Sean Astin portrait for the 2nd piece in the Goonies show. Now I just need to pack the box and get it out.

Awww....Mikey. Now that I look at this piece a little closer, I should probably have put the inhaler in, but as it is I am pretty pleased with one of the first portraits I've painted in several years.

For now that is it, I must get back to work. So much to do and so very little time.
Til the next time.

Peace
-Mike

No comments: