Sunday, May 16, 2010

The Escape of One Eyed Willy

This year is the 25th Anniversary of "The Goonies", and I have been working on a couple pieces for the Anniversary show in Astoria, OR, at Lunar Boy Gallery. I had been working on a couple portraits, one of Sean Astin which is coming around, but decided that I would like to do one of my quick landscape style pieces with One Eyed Willy's ship.

It gave me an opportunity to do some cartoony water again. I really enjoy painting waves and breakers, as long as there is no necessity to make them realistic. Hopefully you folks like the piece as well.

Pretty successful, I think. Having seen this beach, I can say that it is one of the most amazing sights that I have seen on Earth. So it seemed natural for this image to kind of stick with me.

That's it for today. Who knows, maybe I'll fix the Sean Astin portrait or maybe scan in the drawings that I keep assuring folks I will scan sometime soon. Either way, I'll see you when I see you.

Peace
-Mike

No comments: