Friday, April 23, 2010

At it Again!

Time is slipping out of my grasp it would appear. On the list for today is to check out the Goonies from the library today, paint, draw out the cover for a magazine, do the pencils for the first couple pages of "Wings of Fury" and just generally start to get things more in order for my move which basically starts happening in two days.

Craziness. To top it all off, I was in no mood to work on any of the projects that I am supposed to work on today and started ripping into this bad boy. Though now that I think of it, I think I am going to do a black and white version for the cover of this Poetry and art journal that I am supposed to do the cover for.

What do you think? I think it would make an excellent black and white image. I need to come up with some stuff for this black and white publication. Mostly I work in color. Not too many pen and ink drawings this day that are complete pieces. But I think this and a couple sketches for pieces that were similar would lend themselves well. I'll keep you posted as to what I end up doing.

On a completely different note, my cat was a total love bug today. It really helps to have a creature to take your mind off of the stress. Thought I'd show you just how big a fan of Cezanne he is.

Jasper really prefers planes that don't line up from one side of paintings to the other. I think it's because his eyes are so shifty, but whatever it is, at least we dig some of the same art.

Anyhow, I'll have some more serious posts soon. Hopefully I don't continue to procrastinate.
Til next time.
peace
-Mike

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I like your style. Very original. Do you have a portfolio site, I'd love to see more. :)

mightylark said...

Hey Natasha,

Thank you for the kind words. I have a portfolio and store site at www.lewisacrylics.com.

Thanks for checking out the blog!

Mike

Unknown said...

Thanks man! :D

Valley Art Project said...

What a fun blog. Cool stuff. Thanks for sharing!