Tuesday, January 15, 2008

My cat and I just took a nap...

Riley's pretty much the man and he sleeps in boxes, what more could you want out of a cat......


So I'm a little groggy. It's been a busy week and a half or so. Last wednesday Beth suggested I apply to MCAD(Minneapolis College of Art and Design). I've been wanting to go there for a while now. So I applied and I've been trying to get about three months worth of preparation for an application done in a week. It's always been my style though.

In the meantime, I've been doing some more work in the sketchbook, including a new bird and robot combo. After not doing those for so long, it's easier to come back with new and different looking birds and robots.

It certainly seems like a long time since I originally worked up a robot and bird together. This is a little more complex than the beginning, but I still have some fond memories of the beginning.

I've also been working on different ways of incorporating the tv with teeth into my work. This one is kind of like jonah and the whale, except there is no whale.....

So my niece, Patience made that color behind the bird. She didn't use all of the paint on her pallet, which is not really a surprise since she's seven, but I thought it was a pretty nice job on her part.

more to come soon. I am almost done with another bird in the post polar ice cap world piece.

No comments: