Sunday, March 3, 2013

Studio is Clean & the March Poster is Done

Admittedly I don't feel like I got a bunch done today, but then I look around and I definitely did.  Being in the studio has felt bothersome to me recently.  Everything is so messy and so disorganized.  I can't help but think that this is one of the major reasons that I have had trouble keeping up with studio work I have lined up for myself.  It is one thing to work on impulsive projects, but the projects that I have to do require a work atmosphere.  The studio has not been that.  It hasn't even really been a place that I have felt comfortable enough to live in, which, due to the fact that it is where my living room should be, has made for some difficulties.  Today I was in the mood to fix it though, and it feels very good right now.

I received great news from a couple friends this weekend on getting into shows.  It was good to hear because it made me want a little bit more out of my own art.  I haven't applied to very many shows in a while, just the one with my friend Julia and a couple small gallery spots.  I need to get back at it.  I would like to have a couple shows in the next 2 years.  However, today I think I will bask in the glory that is finishing the monthly Throw Down poster on time for once.

Here tis.

Working on some other stuff later tonight as well.  Maybe I'll post twice in a single day.  We'll see.
Peace
-Mike

No comments: