Tuesday, March 5, 2013

I've Been Preoccupied with these Six Senses

Of late I have been having issues either finding shows and galleries to submit to or with being rejected from the few that I have found.  This is sort of the nature of the beast, but a lot of my friends around me have been quite successful lately.  I am very pleased for them, but it also makes me want my own stuff all the more.  This probably sounds like pure jealousy, but I think of it more like confirmation that that is also what I should be doing.  I have, however, realized that some of the work that htey are doing and the shows that they are submitting to are NOT the shows that I should be submitting to, which is a major step for me.  Historically I have accepted everything that anyone wants to let me do.  This, I am realizing, is not a very good idea.  And so I have been working on my commission.  It is 7 months in.  I need to finish it.  I will share a better image tomorrow.  My friend let me borrow a camera to replace the one I lost via 5 finger discount.

The goal is to finish this panel by the end of the week.  This is definitely a realistic goal.  Hopefully I can finish one panel a week.  It would be great to get this bad boy out of my house and into my buddy Orlando's place.  Til then.

Peace
-Mike

No comments: