Thursday, March 7, 2013

Self Expectations & Forging Through Disappointment

Today I woke up cranky about everything.  I didn't understand why I make art, if it is any good, why I live in Portland, why there is no art going on here.  Of course these feelings are a bit asinine, but at the same time, they come from some place.  I determined upon the spot that I needed to spend some serious studio time today.  I have long figured out that it is necessary for me to do this when I start to feel alienated or pressured to be overly social.

I have stopped thinking about these two pieces as a whole to be finished all at once and more as a piece made up of four images.  Each image stands alone.  Here again is a photo of the piece.  (Once again the camera isn't nearly as good as the art opening. 

I have more to say about this piece, but you will have to forgive me, I've started nodding off 3 different times during the course of typing up this small post.  So until I am more widely awake, adieu.

Peace

-Mike

No comments: