Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Mansruin

If I were to think of myself as the illustrative equivalent to BB King over the past six months, I'd end up singing, "The Cute is gone, the Cute is gone away."  I haven't felt like working with over the top cute in a bit.  Several of my friends have suggested that some of my drop and pipe pieces are still on the cute side, but I wonder how they are determining cute then.  I really don't think of my machines as cute, but they are cartoony in a way, and that might begin the argument for cute machinery.  I am not sure.

Today I spent putting together a new Mansruin Zine.  Volume II is all printed out and I've trimmed and folded about 1/5 of them.  Since I have been sending out the zines in sewn envelopes, I have really moved through the zines.  I'm not sure which is the important part though.

I'm very pleased with the past two zines.  They seem to have a maturity that the Pig N Pancake zines couldn't live up to.  Believe it or not, I would like to make a little mature work, so that is good in my book.  I absolutely love the Lamp Post in this zine.  It is across from a quote out of a Highwayman song.  "I ain't cut out to be no Jesse James."  Whiskey Tears and Country music.  Everything is beginning to makes sense.

Hope you dig it.  Let me know if you would like one too.

Peace
Mike


No comments: