Thursday, February 7, 2013

No Sleep Til Brooklyn....

This week has been crazy.  A week and a half ago I found an open call for two person shows at Trestle Gallery in Brooklyn, NY.  Naturally I asked my friend Julia if she would be interested in putting something together for it since she already lives in Brooklyn.  She did, and then I decided to start a new body of work for my half of the images to submit.  I am glad that I did.  I think they are strong images and I think that they work well with Julia's stuff.  Hopefully the folks at Trestle Gallery will agree and we will get a show and I will be in New York City for the first time ever with my art.  That would be great.  Keep your fingers crossed.

Here are a few of the images that I put together for our proposal.





Of course, like most of my weeks, as soon as I was finished with my pieces for that proposal I became quickly aware that it was already the sixth of February and I didn't have this month's Thursday Night Throwdown poster done.  So I brainstormed ideas on a walk home from the coffee shop and started some thumbnails and ended up riffing off of the Edward Hopper piece Nighthawks.  I'm sure you'll see the resemblance. 


It's a pretty dope poster though.  I am super stoked with it.  Hope you are doing well and feeling as productive as I feel this week.  Only one more day until the weekend.  Rock it out.

Peace
-Mike

No comments: