Friday, May 25, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

I was reading through twitter posts today as I am prone to do, and a friend had stated that posting after today is sort of a blank bullet of a blog post if you want anyone to read.  It's funny.  I've been blogging for six years and never really thought about how to get better readership, when people might read, and who this could be for other than me.  Perhaps now is the time to start thinking about such things.

I'm posting today to inform folks that I am creating a small series of drawings for The Studio in Laconia, NH.  The drawings will be 4 X 6 inches, bagged and matted.  Sounds like a delectable treat, no.  To be had for a slick forty bucks.  Here are a couple of the images that I intend to use.

 I decided to keep this series fairly old school.  I miss drawing the birds quite a bit and I thought that it would be a nice break from the graduate school academic work.  That said, I had some fairly concrete ideas in mind when I began drawing these anyway. 

 I am also putting together two proposals this weekend.  One is for a residency in the south of France and another for the Speakeasy Dining food truck project which my old chef and I have been working on.  I cannot wait to be driving a Good Humor truck.

 This project is going to be dope.  
Well that about does it for my Memorial Day weekend post.  Enjoy it.

Peace
-Mike


No comments: