Monday, December 26, 2011

Pulling Through With the Wee Hours

I worked at the restaurant all weekend.  It was awesome.  I love my chef and my co-workers.  They are great great people, but when I leave my job I am so exhausted and ready for bed.  Add a 2 and a half hour drive to the end of work and I am pretty much lost to the world for the next 24 hours.  Such was the case this weekend.

I was sitting at my kitchen table eating lunch today wondering if I was ever going to finish anything today.  I cleaned up a little around the house, which I guess is worth something, but I have 2 illustrations that I need to finish this week as well.  It was at about lunch time when I realized that it would do me no good to attempt to do more work for clients after working an entire weekend.  Hopefully this is a sign of logic to come.  Tomorrow I need to wake up and work on illustrations, but after a night of working on my fine art stuff, which is more cathartic and less focused around communicating a specific idea, I feel more prepared to do so.

I am also pleased to have finished up another 15 or so pieces for my installation in May.  My thesis project really is a bit ridiculous, so I think any time that I am feeling a little non-plussed with my day over the next several months I will do as I did today and just crank out some more drawings.  I am also sharing a couple commissions that I wrapped up at the end of last week today.

Hope you dig the stuff.



I am stoked to even have gotten moving today.  At about 6 I didn't think that there was a hope of doing so.  Have a good night peeps.  Will talk to you soon.

Peace
-Mike

No comments: