Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Boston Public School Library Project

Thanks to the lovely Meighan O'Toole of My Love for you, I was selected to work on a series of illustrations for the Boston Public School's library.  The illustrations are used as depictions of subject headings in the card catalog.  I'm posting a couple of these now, and will post the rest when they have all been approved.  This was a really fun project to work on and I am very pleased to share it with you.


I have definitely figured out this year that I love being an Illustrator.  It has been a huge step for me to answer the "so what do you question?" with "Illustrator" rather than "cook".  Projects like this one really help me to think of myself seriously though and I am incredibly pleased to be in the position that I am now.  I've tried pretty hard to get to this point, but all of that work kind feels worth it when I see work like this in the world.

Hope you all like it too.
Peace
-Mike

No comments: