Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Welcome to 2010


I'm going to come right out and say this. I did not finish my Art House Sketchbook. I know, "bad Mike", but I am almost done with my applications to graduate school, and when it was coming down to the wire, I decided that graduate school was more important to me than a sketchbook project, so I am finishing the sketchbook, but a little bit late.

Still, I have the utmost respect for the Art House Coop. I think they put together great projects and depending on my workloads in the near future may even do another one of their projects, but for now, grad school.

I recently have been asked to be the featured artist of the first True Brew art after hours event, organized by the multi-talented, multi-faceted, and ever moving Katy Brown of the Concord Arts Market. It should prove to be a good event, and a good excuse to get a couple more new pieces together for that show and for the final rounds of my portfolio for graduate school. 2010 is already looking busy, as I have that feature and a solo show at the Blue Bottle in September.

I do not think I want to be quite as busy as I was last year. I want to spend more time making some quality work, so I anticipate being a little choosier about the exhibits that I am involved in, but I am extremely excited about the Blue Bottle show and the Concord Arts Feature. You may even be able to find me at the Concord Arts Market this summer if I can pull my plans together.

No matter how it pans out though, 2010 is looking to be a good year, and I'm not going to take it lying down. Watch out as Lewis Acrylics turns 30.

Until then.
peace
-Mike

No comments: