Wednesday, August 12, 2009

TLO Poster - Color Finals

Today I spent the majority of my day working on the color finals of the The Lights Out poster coming up for next week. Hopefully the band is into one of the two color options that I sent them. If not, I'm going to have to pull something together by the end of the week, and noticeably we are halfway there.

I have two color versions for the band to pick from so far. The first is more my color scheme but I did most of the painting digitally, so I don't know if it works as well on a psd canvas as it does on an actual canvas. The second, I really was trying to emphasize the drawing. There is a part of me that feels like I should actually paint this in acrylics, but then I will be up all night tonight as well.

I don't know, what do you folks think?

This has been an awesome project to work on, and the guys from the band just have super good things to see. It is nice to work with a positive group of guys who seem genuinely excited to make suggestions.

I've also been contacted this week about being represented by Hai! (Hire an Illustrator), an office based out of London. It is operated by the same man who operates the Little Chimp Society. I have not decided yet whether to be represented or not, but it is still very nice to even be considered. I am fairly certain that I will go with them. It would be nice to reach a broader audience with my work and with my illustration.

I also became a member on Illustration Mundo, which is a website that started in Brazil. It holds a huge database of illustrators, a very nice selection of artists if you want to check it out. Also if you give me comments or say that you like my work via the site my rating increases. So if you want to show your support, you can do that here.

I hope you folks are all enjoying the sun today. After I finished my two poster selections today I have been sitting in the sun and loving this weather. Now it is off to go cook for some awesome ladies here in Minneapolis. I'll be posting some sketches for the Artstream studios show tomorrow. I have some, I've just been lazy and haven't uploaded them yet. Gotta enjoy summer while you've got it.

Y'all take care now, y'hear!
-Mike

No comments: