Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Just Whelmed

I really had no idea that it had been two weeks since I last posted to this blog.  Part of me has no idea what I've been up to and the rest of me is entirely aware that I have spent most of that time working, visiting galleries, openings, and trying to help my friends.  I have been busy.  I have arrived, but I am tired.  It is time for a night off, which I know probably sounds ridiculous from a guy who is typing a blog post at 10 pm, but usually I end up working until at least midnight, and I've spent the last couple hours listening to the Mets game on the radio. 

I have been finishing up the two coloring books for Eco-kids, a company located here in Portland, ME.  It's been a lot of work but they are looking like quality productions.  I have also been putting together more work for my Etsy and Society 6 sites.  I reworked the opening page of my website, although it still needs a little work. 

Here are a couple of the items that I have worked up for my Etsy page recently.



If you haven't been over to the Society 6 page it is super cool.  You can grab Iphone skins and prints.  Framed prints are available relatively cheap as well.  Check it out.  I'd love to see some iphones with my artwork on them.

I also put together my first sketches for the Mural in North Adams this week.  I've been working with the idea of electricity and conducting currents, so I've been thinking about capacitors and Portuguese Man o Wars.  It's been super fun to draw a couple of those.

I can't wait to see something that size 104 feet long.  This is going to be the coolest summer ever.
Lastly, I re-arranged my studio to feel better organized.  It's been a long time coming.
The post it notes are my to do list.  It's long, but I think that I'll be able to get through quite a bit of it tomorrow after taking the majority of tonight off.


I hope you all are doing well.  Thanks for checking out the stuff again.
Peace
-Mike

No comments: