Monday, June 18, 2012

Commission Finished

I am so pleased to have finished my friend Adam Farrell's commission.  He and his wife are amazing people and I am very happy to be able to do one of the Cloud Constructor pieces for them.  These pieces are some of my favorite to work with.  It was also a pleasant departure from the very gouache looking solid colored pieces that I have been working with recently.  I forget how much I love to push paint and respond to layers of color.

In addition to the commission I also started working on a wildebeest character for a local shop owner who wants to do a monthly narrative work featuring a classy wildebeest.  Projects like these are so amazing.  Frankly it is as if people are giving me liberty to do the things that I want to be doing anyway.  So check it; finely dressed wildebeest, right here.

I hope the shop likes them.  I'd really feel privileged to work on this on a monthly basis.  It is just such a cool idea.  For some reason it makes me think of Flight of the Concords, but that is beside the point.  I'm hungry.  Gotta run.  I hope you have an awesome day and thanks for stopping by.

Peace
-Mike

No comments: