It has been a long week, but I've been meaning to update this blog for the past couple days. So hear I am chilling out at 11 pm, listening to some Warren G and bringing some work your way. This week I had to put together the proof copy of my thesis book, which is all good, except that I realized last Saturday that I didn't really have any images to put IN the book. I had to really poor it on to get some work on the walls and not just in stacks all over the studio.
I had figured out the method that would work for hanging the dowels fulls of blocks, but really wanted to clean up the construction of the backers a little bit and finagle a method of hanging multiple rows off of one hanger. Both of these goals have been achieved after a very long four days. I also managed to put together the proof copy of the book by about 3:30 this morning.
Here are some of the images from the installation thus far.
I also received an email today with my image on the postcard for a show. That is the first time that that has ever happened to me in a group show. I am very pleased. Check it out.