Thursday, April 5, 2012

Thesis Installation - In Progress

It has been a long week, but I've been meaning to update this blog for the past couple days.  So hear I am chilling out at 11 pm, listening to some Warren G and bringing some work your way.  This week I had to put together the proof copy of my thesis book, which is all good, except that I realized last Saturday that I didn't really have any images to put IN the book.  I had to really poor it on to get some work on the walls and not just in stacks all over the studio.

I had figured out the method that would work for hanging the dowels fulls of blocks, but really wanted to clean up the construction of the backers a little bit and finagle a method of hanging multiple rows off of one hanger.  Both of these goals have been achieved after a very long four days.  I also managed to put together the proof copy of the book by about 3:30 this morning.

Here are some of the images from the installation thus far.






This work is definitely looking way more refined than it has in the past and I am super pleased about that.  I am incredibly impressed with how easy it was to put together the panels on the dowels though the blocks were definitely more of a challenge and thereby seem like more of an accomplishment.

I also received an email today with my image on the postcard for a show.  That is the first time that that has ever happened to me in a group show.  I am very pleased.  Check it out.

Pretty cool.  It is interesting to see someone use that green in this image, however.  I don't know if I would ever use that color, and yet there it is next to my billboard.  Interesting how that works out.  But there we have it, I'm rambling again.

Peace
-Mike

No comments: