Monday, February 28, 2011

Prosthesis - A New Illustrative Work

I have been commissioned by a friend from the coffee shop to fill his living room wall one piece at a time.  When looking through the site he was a particular fan of the After the Ice Caps pieces.  I was pleased to hear this as that gave me a great excuse to work with water again.  So today when I was at wits end trying to deal with graduate school schtuff, I whipped out this piece.  I was completely drawn in, which is great, because the work for grad school has not been doing that.  I need to figure out what it is that makes that line for me.  I think that the block project does have the capability of getting me excited but depending on what people say about in my online forums for school, I either ride really high on the idea or beat down on it.  Currently I'm feeling a bit negative about it.  But all in all, if I can just respond by doing an illustrative piece that I am pleased with, I really can't complain.  And now I am looking around studio at unfinished works and thinking about wrapping those up as well.

Here's the piece that I did today.  What do you think?


I am excited as well for the upcoming pieces that will connect to this one.  It is an old concept that I worked with several years back, but one which I never developed to complete fruition, so this should be pretty good.

For now, I am pleased.  I need to do more of this to keep me happy.  The seriousness that they push at school seems so oppressive, and I am a pretty cheery guy most of the time.  I hope you all have a great day!  Do something that makes you feel awesome, as a favor, for me.

Peace
-Mike

No comments: