Friday, April 24, 2009

"On my Doorstep, Singing Sweet Songs"

I finished. Yesterday it did not seem possible, and now I really have to wonder how I was ever able to stay up all night trying to finish things. The only thing that I can come up with is youth, or maybe that I just didn't care as much about the quality of my paints. I don't really know now.

But here are two updated pieces and one which you have not seen at all.

"I Hear you Knockin' ". Titled after Little Richard's song. This one has come a long way since it began. Last night I just started trying to use my paint up on the surface and it started getting really thick, and before I knew it, I was just painting, and I wasn't paying much attention to the subject anymore. This was a pleasure to work up.

"Initiation of the Young". Not as much contrast in this piece as I might have liked, because I got a little carried away with the color. As it stands though, I'm pretty well satisfied with it.

"On my doorstep, Singing Sweet Songs". Couldn't help the Bob Marley reference, because as I was finishing this piece and looking out the window, Three little birds just popped in, stay puff marshmallow man style.

Hope everyone has an awesome day in the sun. Take care.
-Mike

1 comment:

Julia Cocuzza said...

really feeling these guys.