This week has been really crazy. Along with the prep work to get everything hung for my show at Sohns, I was called by a woman who I've picked up some shifts from at her restaurant for the summer. She wanted me to start a week earlier than I had planned, so I was left with even less time than I thought I was going to have. I sent my lovely wife to the hardware stores to gather the various hanging devices. I ended up with seven packages of this and four packages of that and a blister on my palm from using my stubby screwdriver with screws that needed extra pressure to be seated. It was an awesome week.
While I primarily focused on brand new work for this show, I was emailed earlier in the week asking if I could bring extra work because the folks who own the gallery do not want any empty space on the walls. I really don't think that it will be an issue anyway, but I started to group some of the older work which fit with the newer body of work. I think that this might have made the work a bit stronger on the whole.
Here are a few images of older works with new hardware to improve their general appearance. This level of finishing is one of the tasks that I have been forcing myself to complete, part of my internalization of some of my art practice.
I'll post some more images soon after I have the show up. I think that this one will prove to be one of my best shows as of yet.