Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Quite the Lull

I haven't been very good with the blog for the past two months.  I was working a little too much I think.  I've done a lot of work that I am pretty pleased with, however, and have applied to several jobs and proposed some classes.  All of this is is really good stuff.  Next week, I am proud to say, I will be meeting with the chair of the Art Department at one of the local colleges to talk about teaching an illustration class.  This would be absolutely amazing to me.  I have wanted to teach illustration since I was in undergraduate school at Syracuse learning from Steven Cerio.  He's amazing by the way.  Absolutely amazing.

It's been slow getting a couple of projects done with.  It took me forever to put the poster for Bard together this month, but once it was done I was really happy with it.  Here it is.  It's Nintendo themed.

The second image today is of one of my commissions hanging in its new home.  A lot of people have responded to this type of work very positively.  Perhaps I should do more of it, but this particular piece was very much a logical process and not so much a non objective piece.  I'm not sure I can do one again without attempting to train my eyes to do so.  I guess I'll have to give it a try.
I am very excited for the next couple of days.  I don't have anything that I need to finish right off and I am looking forward to working on a couple of things that I have been leaving on the back burner for a while.  Be chill and I'll be with you soon.

Peace
-Mike

No comments: