I am finished with the Jar Project. I feel quite good about the finished product too, which is great. I received the final checklist and reminder list and saw that the jar top wasn't allowed to be painted, but I also notice that we are supposed to remove all labels from the outside of the jar, so I just sanded off the paint, because Smuckers insists on emblazoning their jars with their logo all over the cap as well as on the paper on the jar.
I also added a small handwritten biography to the underside of the jar cap and repainted Cuddles himself so that he shone a little brighter in the glass jar. I think it looks pretty great. Check it out!
And here is another view from straight on so you get a better idea of the colors used.
There she be. More to come soon. I've got some more in the works and I'm pretty excited about it all. I am also going to be teaching a class of fifth graders soon, so we'll see what comes of that as well. For now I must go, it is nearly impossible to type with a cat sitting on your hands after all.