Tuesday, October 5, 2010

La la la, 1st post in October....Do dee doo dee dooo

Um, September wasn't very productive. Whoops. I've spent a lot of time in my head. Got back together with my ex, broke up again with the ex. Proposal for fall semester was turned down. Had to rework it. trying to get back into it.

That all said. It has been a great month. I did my first illustration for a newspaper. The Bollard in Portland, ME features a calendar made by me this coming Thursday. I am stoked with it. I think it turned out well, and although it does contain robots, it also has a squirrel, so I am not entirely relying on my a two character scheme anymore, which has been a large source of my mental insecurity with my work recently.

Here tis:

I've also been photographing the found wood that I have in my collection as a way to try to determine what exactly it is all about. I am not sure that I have figured anything out yet, but I got a pretty cute photo of my cat on top of one of the compositions!

And lastly, I did in fact finish a painting in the last week and a half, but it's the last thing I've managed. I am still not quite right in the head this month. I don't know what is going on. Think I am letting the emotions hit me a little too hard right now....

How is that for some old skool Mike. We're talking circa 2005. Grad school is hurting my head, but I really can't complain. Most days I am learning a lot, and the others I very well could if I would chill out a little bit more.

I'll be back. I swear. The project that I'm working on is cool and I am certain that I will be working on it a lot soon. Feeling better, just a bit stressed.

Til next time.
Peace
-Mike

2 comments:

yayyalicious said...

i love ur cat's picture .
what is ur cat's name ?

mightylark said...

That is Cedric in a rare moment of stillness. He appreciates your love and hopes you have treats for him.