Wednesday, December 5, 2012

I Was Feeling Off....

When I was in undergraduate school studying illustration, I used to tell my friend Mandy that if you're feeling down you should draw a monkey.  I haven't drawn monkeys in years.  I don't know why, but at the same time, I use the cartoon characters that I do draw to achieve the same thing.  Sometimes I just lose gas, work too long, or get too moody to produce and then I need to choose whether to make something cute or to go read a book.  Tonight I tried to make something cute.

What do you think?


I had these two guys in mind as they were the creatures that I used in the Bard Coffee window illustration that I made this week.  I really like them, although the bear in the window looks fatter, and I think is thereby a little cuter.  Maybe I'll try to make a different one and see if the size of his mid-section is directly proportional to his cuteness. 

Until then.
Peace
-Mike

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I think they are adorable and this definatly cheered me up!