Monday, August 15, 2011

Good Lord am I Behind with Updating

Today I finished a project for Artstream Studios upcoming Toy and Game show in September.  It is a series of jars containing marbles adorned with a cute and/or fuzzy animal.  It was partially based off of Barry McGee's liquor bottles and partially because of the scene in Amelie where the fellow has the flashback about the fateful day where he wins and then loses all of the marbles during recess.



 Oddly enough the mouse is my favorite of this little series.  I like drawing creatures with no legs.  And my cats like the idea of a mouse with no legs too.  They are lazy little buggers.
 


This was a fun project.  Be sure to drop in in September at Artstream Studios in Rochester, NH if you happen to be in the area, and if not you'll be able to purchase these guys off of their website.  I'll keep you posted with those links.

Got some stuff coming up here.  I'm going to have a one man show in Laconia, NH next month as well as the Toy show and I will also be in the October Day of the Dead show at Lunar Boy Gallery in Astoria.  I'll keep you posted.  Til next time.

Peace
Mike

No comments: